The aim of the programme is to provide you and your patients with an in-depth education on their respiratory condition, medication as well as to provide a support structure should they require assistance. In addition to this, the case manager will monitor the patient's health and, where necessary, make recomendations to them and their doctor.
Respiratory conditions include Asthma, Allergic Rhinitis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchiectasis. It has been our experience that those members, who participate fully in the programme, minimise the risks of costly and unnecessary complications. As a result, these members will enjoy optimal health and extended benefits.
We believe that the benefits offered will provide you with the best possible care. The above mentioned respiratory conditions require holistic management by means of PREVENTION and lifestyle interventions (exercise, avoidance of triggers and continuous monitoring) as well as appropriate TREATMENT with medication. In order to achieve the goals set out to obtain maximum control of your respiratory condition, our programme offers a professionally trained Respiratory Case Manager to assist you to gain knowledge about your respiratory condition and guide you to obtain the skills and confidence to manage your condition.
Our Respiratory Case Manager will contact you to discuss the following:
- Explain the nature of your respiratory condition
- Provide you with information on the different classes of medication and their purpose in treatment
- Advice on preventative measures
- Teach you the correct use of inhalers
- Assist you to recognise worsening symptoms
- Guide you with a written self - management plan
What you are required to do…
- Register on the programme
- Submit supporting clinical information such as a Lung Function Test (LFT) from the relevant specialist e.g. Pulmonologist for Asthma and COPD
- A follow up visit to the relevant specialist as well as further consultations should there be a clinical need
The cost of all the appropriate consultations, medication and accessories used by you to manage your respiratory condition is reimbursed by the scheme according to scheme rules. It is recommended that you carefully consider the advantages of the Respiratory Programme. Please note that access to the Chronic Benefit is subject to your joining the relevant programme.
- Telephone 0861 700 600
Fax 0861 113 676
Wedgefield Office Park
17 Muswell Road South
PO Box 2964